OSRAM's multi-level guarantees
OSRAM guarantees for electronic control gears, LED light sources (light engines and LED modules) and selected OSRAM light sources - Guarantees for the professional and commercial market.
For every below -mentioned OSRAM product that demonstrably fails, because of a material or manufacturing fault within the relevant guarantee period, OSRAM will decide to provide a free-of-charge replacement product or issue a credit note.
|Light Engines & LED Modules||BASIC Linear,|
|OPTOTRONIC/ELEMENT Semiprofessional||OTe (120/24; 60/12; 120/12),|
ELEMENT 24 V (30, 60, 90),
ELEMENT Linear and Compact
|OTi … , OT FIT … ,|
OT DX DIMA,
OT … 4DIM / 2 DIM / 1 DIM,
OT … /220-277/ … P5,
OT … P,
OT … / 12 and OT … / 24
|OTi DALI … IND, |
OT FIT … IND
|QUICKTRONIC||QT-ECO||QUICKTRONIC (except QT-ECO and QTz8)|
|POWERTRONIC||POWERTRONIC (PTi, PTo, PT-FIT I and S) w/o PT FIT E|
|SubstiTUBE LED-Tubes||SubstiTUBE T8 Value (EM/HF)||All SubstiTUBE w/o SubstiTUBE T8 Value (EM/HF)|
|OSRAM LMS Components||OSRAM QBM Components||OSRAM LMS components excluding products listed in the 3-year warranty category.|
|Tc temperature (LED driver) / Tp temperature (LED module) / CLO||Tcmax. –10 K|
|Light Engines & LED Modules||BASIC Linear,|
|PrevaLED||LINEARLight Flex (LF…,|
|PrevaLED Linear IND,|
|OPTOTRONIC/ELEMENT Semiprofessional||OT Linear,|
|OTi … , OT FIT...,|
OT 4 DIM, OT 1 DIM
|OTi …/220…240/24 … , OT FIT…||OTi DALI … IND, |
OT FIT … IND
|Registration||No||No||Yes||Yes, to be programmed via T4T|
|Tc temperature (LED driver) / Tp temperature (LED module) / CLO||Tcmax. –5 K and |
Tpmax. –5 K
|Tcmax. –10 K for OT|
Ta > -15 °C for
LF 3000 TW, LF 4000 TW
and LF 3000 TWW
|only in combination with |
CLO-Programming and additional
Tcmax. –10 K and
Tpmax. –10 K
General Conditions Multi-Level Guarantee
- For every above-mentioned OSRAM product that demonstrably fails, because of a material or manufacturing fault within the relevant guarantee period, OSRAM will decide to provide a free-of-charge replacement product or issue a credit note. The guarantee always applies from the first failed product onwards – and not just to product failures above the published product failure rate.
- The guarantee covers the above-mentioned OSRAM products, if they have been operated in accordance with OSRAM specifications and applicable IEC regulations.
- The following applies to LED modules: The guarantee for LED modules only applies to failures due to material or manufacturing defects (claims due to color change and reduced luminous flux over the product lifetime are not covered by this guarantee). The failure of a single LED chip is explicitly not regarded as a defect for which this guarantee applies.
- OSRAM reserves the right to read out the operating data from the above-mentioned products for guarantee purposes even if a password key has been assigned. In case of non-agreement to the read out of the operating data, legal warranty conditions are relevant.
- The guarantee starts from the date the above-mentioned products are commissioned but not later than 6 months after the OSRAM product was manufactured (production code on the product).
- An annual operating time of up to 5,000 operating hours is assumed.
- Under the 5-year product guarantee LMS components with relay contacts are limited to a maximum of 20 switching cycles per day.
- The above-mentioned OSRAM LED drivers 12/24 V are limited to a maximum of 20,000 switching cycles. All other above-mentioned OSRAM LED drivers and LED modules are limited to a maximum of 100,000 switching cycles. SubstiTUBE Value tubes are limited to a maximum of 100,000 switching cycles and other SubstiTUBE tubes are limited to a maximum of 200,000 switching cycles.
- OSRAM will decide about the validity of guarantee claims. This requires the return of the failed product for failure analysis as well as the read out the operating data.
- Legal warranty claims remain unaffected by this guarantee and shall remain valid concurrently and independend of this guarantee.
- This guarantee does not apply for products that have been repaired or modified by anyone except OSRAM itself.
- Guarantee claims will be handled by the OSRAM branch in the relevant country or region. The list of contact partners for you is attached.
- OSRAM Einstone Products are excluded from the extended guarantees, which exceeds the legal warranty claims.
- The following applies to OTi QBM with Silvair Technology: The guarantee for these products only applies to failures due to material or manufacturing defects. Failures due to missing and/or deficient availability and/or performance of 3rd party commissioning tools are hereby explicitly excluded from this guarantee. Failures due to missing and/or deficient connectivity of these products with other products that have passed the SILVAIR testing process are also explicitly excluded from this guarantee.
Additional conditions for 7-year SYSTEM-guarantee level 5.1
The conditions of OSRAM's 5-year multi-level guarantees apply. The above-mentioned OSRAM products may qualify for a 7-year SYSTEM-guarantee level 5.1 if the following additional conditions apply:
- The 5Y product guarantee conditions and general conditions are fulfilled.
- The 7-year SYSTEM-guarantee requires a registration with the System guarantee registration form to be filled in and sent to CQM-EMEA@OSRAM.COM. Registration must be completed within 14 days after the above-mentioned products have been put in operation, however not later than 6 months after delivery of the products.Download: System guarantee registration form
- The 7-year SYSTEM-guarantee level 5.1 charge has been paid in full and within the payment terms stated on the respective invoice.
- The 7-year SYSTEM-guarantee level 5.1 only covers product compensation or refund of purchase price as defined in the Multi-Level Guarantee for 5 years terms. Secondary or labor costs are explicitly excluded.
- In case of an accepted claim, OSRAM decides on credit or replacement of LED modules. In case of replacement the replacement product may differ from the original product due to technical advancements and usage-related changes in the light flux and light color.
- Accessories (connectors, jumper, aluminum profiles, lenses, covers, brackets, caps, connect system, glue) are excluded from the 7-year SYSTEM-guarantee level 5.1.
- The 7-year SYSTEM-guarantee level 5.1 does not apply for installations of connected load less than 1KW.
- The 7-year SYSTEM-guarantee level 5.1 does not apply for the products LF 3000 TW, LF 3000 TWW and LF 4000 TW if these products are operated at a temperature below -15°C.